Keysight Technologies has introduced four performance options for its small, flexible Advanced Power System (APS) N6900 Series DC power supplies. In conjunction with the power supply’s VersaPower architecture, the new options boost test-system versatility and make it easy for test engineers to tune power supply capability. The N6900 options enable engineers to meet their ATE testing needs without paying for more capability than they require.
The new options include:
– An accuracy package (Option 301), which adds a second seamless measurement range for current, with full factory calibration
– Measurement enhancements (Option 302), which add external data logging and voltage and current digitisers with programmable sample rates
– Source and speed enhancements (Option 303), which add constant-dwell arbitrary waveforms and output list capability and provide improvement in up/down programming time
– Disconnect and polarity-reversal relays (Options 760 and 761), which allows engineers to switch voltages between positive and negative values
Using the new options, engineers can integrate and deploy their test systems faster while achieving test speeds that are up to 100 times faster than is possible with standard system power supplies. The faster throughput speeds can help manufacturers reduce test costs. The smaller size of the APS N6900 power supplies saves rack space, which also can reduce test costs.
Using the APS N6900 power supplies, engineers can accurately characterize DUT power profiles with advanced measurement capabilities. For example, engineers can:
– Perform dual voltage and current measurements with DMM-like accuracy
– Make dynamic measurements with high-resolution digitisers for current and voltage (with measurement option)
– Easily measure power, peak power, watt hours and amp hours
The core design of the APS power supply family is built on Keysight’s VersaPower architecture, which uses cutting-edge technology to deliver industry-leading performance and adds capabilities previously unavailable in switching power supply designs. The APS family includes the Keysight N6900, N7900 and N6700 Series DC power supplies.
The Keysight APS N6900 Series DC power supplies include five voltage and current combinations at the 1-kW power range and seven voltage and current combinations at the 2-kW power range. The 1-kW models are 1U tall and the 2-kW models are 2U tall.