TE Connectivity has unveiled a long-term sustainability and corporate responsibility strategy to better focus on the company’s vision for the future.
TE’s One Connected World strategy details a series of goals to make the world a better place as the company serves its employees, customers and shareholders.
“At TE, we have had an ongoing and transparent record of environmental, social and governance reporting through our annual corporate responsibility report and I’m proud of our progress over the past 10 years,” said CEO Terrence Curtin. “Now, we are evolving our strategy to the next level with One Connected World, which builds on our purpose of creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future and provides a roadmap for us to make a measurable impact over the next decade.”
TE has set nine strategic goals to meet by 2030:
- Embed sustainability in product creation at TE
- Partner with our direct and logistics suppliers to strengthen the sustainability of our supply chain; align our new construction with the Sustainable Facility Initiative
- Zero-accident workplace
- 100% of facilities in water-scarce locations meet reduction targets
- Decrease waste disposed
- 35%+ reduction in greenhouse gas emissions
- Strengthen our workplace culture, in which all differences are valued and all opinions count
- Impact 3 million people in next-generation technology education
- Implement a global human rights program
The company will measure its progress toward these goals and report out annually in its corporate responsibility report starting with the FY2020 report.