Fluke is offering a series of free Thermography Seminars. Designed to look at the benefits of thermal imaging techniques to improve maintenance practices, the seminars are one element of the Fluke Academy programme which can be seen at http://www.flukeacademy.shuttlepod.org/UK-seminars
The seminars are designed to highlight how thermal imaging can be used to identify the presence of faults in equipment under normal working conditions, in new or existing installations. Each seminar will cover:
• The difference between a visual image and a thermal image
• What that difference means to be able to find latent electrical defects like bad connections
• An understanding of some limitations of thermal imaging
• An introduction to the common types of electrical defects in High, Medium and Low voltage that can be detected with a thermal imager
• The benefits of thermal imaging for improving maintenance practices
• Tips and tricks on using a Fluke Thermal Imager to help detect electrical defects.
Other seminars in the Fluke Academy programme cover power quality improvement; one designed to help facilities reduce their energy costs; troubleshooting motors and drives to minimise plant downtime; and calibrating and troubleshooting process instrumentation.