Powelectrics is delighted to announce the official launch of its first subsidiary business, PowUtilities, set up to deliver SMART electricity, gas and water metering technology for multi-occupancy sites, such as residential and holiday parks, managed and serviced offices, and industrial units.
The image shows PowUtilities Directors, Dave Oakes, Adam Worthington and Peter Quinn sealing the deal.
Adam told us: “I’ve worked with Powelectrics for over a decade developing this solution and always been impressed with their ability to deliver.
“Joining forces as PowUtilities is an obvious evolution, combining my concept and extensive sector experience, with Powelectrics infrastructure, R&D and manufacturing capabilities, in order to offer best in class SMART metering solutions.”
Dave Oakes, Powelectrics MD adds: “PowUtilities is an incredible combination of decades of business knowledge, with technology that offers a win-win for site owners and tenants alike!
“The metering technology is incredibly well-proven, already installed on thousands of UK residential & holiday homes and offering accurate, automatic metering & centralised billing.
“Ongoing issues with foreign travel only serve to highlight the enormous potential in the UK holiday home market alone! I have no doubt that this business will enjoy huge success!”
Benefits To Site Owners
- Consultancy on metering deployment, utility procurement, services negotiation & site development.
- Meter reading is automatic – No need to take manual readings.
- End-users (tenants) pay online in advance – No need to collect money.
- Protection from utility price increases & bad debt – Change & backdate tariffs via our portal.
- Easy to retrofit to existing installations or install on new units.
- Complete service – Installation, management & support.
- Fully MID & OFGEM compliant.
Benefits to End-Users (Tenants)
- Fair payment for the electricity, gas & water actually consumed.
- Online visibility of usage, including the ability to see if consumption occurs when the property is vacant, which could indicate a gas leak or unauthorised use.
- Environmentally-friendly. This Pay-As-You-Go solution has been proven to encourage more considerate consumption, reducing the overall costs to the user & reducing energy & water usage & waste.
How Does The PowUtilities Solution Work?
- PowUtilities supply and fit our proprietary metering technology- retrofit or new units.
- Readings are taken at user-defined intervals and sent to the PowUtilities portal.
- End-users (eg caravan owners) pay via the portal & top up credit before utilities are consumed.
- End users can view their consumption and credit on their unique online account
- PowUtilities send Sites a fully OFGEM compliant, monthly consumption report, detailing consumption on all monitored units & cost to the customer.
- The end user pays us a service charge for reading the meters.
- Site owners pay nothing & may agree rebates or commissions.
- Site owners invoice PowUtilities, based on consumption reports & site owners pay their utility suppliers.
- It is also possible for Sites to administrate the system themselves, generally in the case of short-term rentals.
Click here for more information on PowUtilities.
Click here for the PowUtilities Brochure
What can PowUtilities do for you?
Please browse the Powelectrics website and get in touch with any queries you have or applications you would like to discuss. Call +44 1827 310 666, email email@example.com or use this contact form.