Baumer UK partners with MGA Controls

Sensing and instrumentation specialist Baumer has appointed MGA Controls as a Process Solutions Partner in the UK. As a well-established Control & Instrumentation specialist, Lancashire based MGA Controls is delighted to underline this commitment following the agreement with Baumer. MGA Controls has been supplying high quality products, solutions and services to industry since 1986 with …

Read More »

Analog Devices showcases the future of data acquisition at Embedded World 2020

Visitors to the Analog Devices (ADI) stand (Hall 4A, Booth #240) at embedded world 2020 Nuremberg, Germany, 25 – 27 February, will be shown a wide range of demonstrations showcasing the company’s embedded-technology offerings. Highlights of the 2020 presentations will include technology that highly integrates complete signal chains into a …

Read More »

Schaeffler joins global hydrogen initiative

Schaeffler is increasing its involvement in hydrogen technology: the automotive and industrial supplier is now a steering member in the Hydrogen Council, a globally active hydrogen interest group based in Belgium. The initiative comprises 81 leading companies from the energy, transport, and industrial sectors. The goal of the members is …

Read More »

Sensors & Instrumentation Live returns in 2020

Sensors & Instrumentation Live, the UK’s only national instrumentation exhibition, will return to the NEC, Birmingham on 29 and 30 September 2020. The exhibition brings together leading innovators and professionals from across the fields of sensors, test, measurement and control all under one roof to explore solutions, discuss applications and …

Read More »

Anritsu and dSPACE to accelerate simulation and testing of 5G automotive applications

Anritsu and dSPACE, two leading companies in testing and measurement as well as simulation and validation, will jointly demonstrate an unparalleled integration of a 5G network emulator in a hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) system to develop next generation automotive applications for connected vehicles. Visitors of the Anritsu exhibit booth (Hall 6, stand …

Read More »

NewTek introduces online 3-D model library of LVDT position sensors

NewTek Sensor Solutions now offers an online 3-D model library of its LVDT Position Sensors to ensure their proper fit and seamless integration into a new or existing application. Offered in .stp (STEP) and .igs (IGES) formats for near universal acceptance in CAD programs, the 3-D models help OEMS and …

Read More »

Seeq expands Series B funding with $24m to fuel advanced analytics growth strategy

Seeq Corporation has secured a $24 million expansion of its Series B funding. This expansion round is led by Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures (SAEV), the corporate venture subsidiary of the world’s leading integrated energy and chemicals company, Saudi Aramco. It includes renewed participation by Altira Group, Chevron Technology Ventures, Second …

Read More »

Isotech celebrates 40 years of temperature innovation

A top British manufacturer of quality calibration systems celebrates 40 years in business this year. Isotech was founded by John Tavener in 1980 with the single aim of supplying thermocouple reference units to the power industry. Quickly recognising a gap in the market for effective temperature calibration equipment, John set …

Read More »

Sensor manufacturing technology for a competitive advantage

Richard Barber, engineering manager, Amada Miyachi UK, explains how micro welding equipment can increase quality and yield with process control. Whether manufacturing sensors for use in high-value, low-volume handmade devices or for highly cost-sensitive mass-produced items, manufacturers are experiencing more pressure to deliver higher quality than in the past. Performance …

Read More »

Europe-wide survey highlights both progress and barriers to smart factory deployment

A Europe-wide survey of over 200 manufacturers with more than 500 employees shows that deployment of Smart Factory initiatives is currently running at around 63 per cent and is set to grow rapidly over the next five years. The remaining 37 per cent identify as being in the “planning stage”. …

Read More »