IO-Link is the first standardised IO technology (IEC 61131-9) for communication with sensors and actuators. The powerful point-to-point communication is based on the long-established 3-wire sensor and actuator connection without additional requirements regarding the cable material. So, IO-Link is not a fieldbus but further development of the existing, tried-and-tested connection technology for sensors and actuators.
Especially in the safety area, IO-Link Safety has a major role to fill. Hence this essential webinar.
Goals of the Webinar
Besides the digital communication protocol, IO-Link Safety provides further important features such as detection of misconnection, parameter backup & restore, etc… Thus, the purposes of this workshop are:
- Deep insight into all design and safety aspects of IO-Link Safety technology and companion specifications
- Overview of the safety development process
- Architecture and implementation issues
- Development and test support
- Safety assessment and certification
- Discussion on user applications (feedback)
These English-language webinars take place digitally in two training units of three hours each. The two sessions will be held a week apart on the 20th and 27th April, plus both webinar sessions will be offered twice a day (8:00 am CET | 4:00 pm CET), giving you the most flexibility whether you want to attend from Tokyo, Brussels, Uruguay or New York!