Fluke, the global manufacturer of portable electronic test and measurement technology, is offering a series of free Thermography Seminars as part of its programme of seminars for 2014 throughout the UK and Ireland. Designed to look at the benefits of thermal imaging techniques to improve maintenance practices, the seminars are one element of the Fluke Academy programme.
The seminars covering Thermography are designed to highlight how thermal imaging can be used to identify the presence of faults in equipment under normal working conditions, in new or existing installations. Each seminar will cover:
· The difference between a visual image and a thermal image
· What that difference means to be able to find latent electrical defects like bad connections
· An understanding of some limitations of thermal imaging
· An introduction to the common types of electrical defects in High, Medium and Low voltage that can be detected with a thermal imager
· The benefits of thermal imaging for improving maintenance practices
Other seminars in the Fluke Academy programme cover power quality improvement; one designed to help facilities reduce their energy costs; troubleshooting motors and drives to minimise plant downtime; and calibrating and troubleshooting process instrumentation.
The web page also provides access to webinars and webcasts that provide online training to obtain the maximum benefit in the application of thermal imagers, power quality meters and portable oscilloscopes, as well as highlighting training courses with partner institutions.