Farnell, an Avnet Company and global distributor of electronic components, products and solutions, has today released the sixth and final episode in the first season of its global podcast series, The Innovation Experts. This podcast interview features Fluke, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of handheld test and measurement instruments. The Innovation Experts investigates how test and measurement equipment supports innovation in either new product development in electronic design environments or preventive maintenance and diagnostics across a wide variety of industrial applications. Each episode in the series provides valuable insights for buyers, engineers, and other industry professionals wanting to stay up to date with the latest trends, challenges, products, tools and applications.
This brand-new episode highlights how portable test and measurement tools have disrupted the industry status quo, with reference to a series of ground-breaking application stories. Justin Sheard, a Senior Engineer and Industrial Imaging Specialist at Fluke, joins Farnell’s Cliff Ortmeyer to provide an overview of rugged, safe and easy-to-use handheld instruments which meet the portability requirements of the modern engineer. Justin shares insights on some interesting new technologies that can improve system reliability and greatly reduce costs, such as using acoustic imaging to locate difficult-to-find leaks in industrial compressed air systems.
“The latest episode in the series gives fascinating insight to engineers exploring the ever-increasing range of applications for handheld test equipment and shows how these tools are changing the test and measurement landscape,” said James McGregor, Global Head of Test & Tools at Farnell. “Fluke’s expertise, honed over many years as an industry leader, provides an interesting and informative window into the world of handheld equipment.”
McGregor continued: “The debut series of The Innovation Experts draws to a close with this episode, and with it we hope our listeners have enjoyed the expert insights provided over the course of the series.”
All previous podcast episodes are available now on Farnell’s new Technical Resources Hub including:
- Episode 1: Test equipment drives hybrid working and remote learning – The debut episode of the series focuses on how Pico Technology’s PC-based oscilloscopes and RF testing products have enabled hybrid working and new ways of remote learning throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Mike Purday, Business Development Manager from Pico Technology, discusses the capabilities and impact of using low-cost PC-based scopes through to high-performance products for a range of innovative – and unexpected – applications, from tattoo removal to monitoring the temperature of penguin eggs.
- Episode 2: Fast-tracking innovation: Emerging trends and techniques – As Tektronix and Keithley celebrate their 75th anniversary, the second episode of The Innovation Experts podcast provides a brief historical perspective about how both companies have helped drive innovation in some of the world’s leading industries. Brad Odhner, Technical Marketing Manager for Tektronix and Keithley talks about how test and measurement equipment is accelerating innovation by helping engineers overcome present and future challenges.
- Episode 3: The design of innovative tools and equipment for battery design and testing – Hioki discuss this cutting-edge technology and explain how it is used to measure the efficiency of electric cars and other critical applications. Kai Scharrmann, Engineer and Business Development Manager at Hioki will talk about the trends and challenges to be found in battery technology and testing.
- Episode 4: A buyer’s guide to test and measurement equipment – Keysight Technology provides a buyer’s guide for test and measurement equipment focusing on what functions and features really matter when purchasing test equipment today. Mike Hoffman, Product Manager for Keysight Technology’s mid-level range of oscilloscopes, will provide practical tips to help buyers differentiate between low-cost and high-end instruments.
- Episode 5: An overview of SMUs – Rohde & Schwarz pose the question: is the Source Measure Unit the all-in-one test tool of the future? The episode investigates how this critical piece of equipment can be used to provide fast, precise, high-resolution and safe DC characterisation of electronic components down to the smallest leakage currents and the applications which present the biggest challenges.
Fluke is a world leader in professional electronic test tools and software for measuring and condition monitoring. Fluke tools are known for portability, safety, ease-of-use and accuracy. Their test, measurement and monitoring products are used in electronic design, manufacturing and network troubleshooting, as well as in electrical, industrial, medical, process and calibration applications.
Farnell offers a full range of market-leading test, tools and production supplies from stock to support electronic design and test, with no minimum order value and an educational discount programme. Customers have free access to online resources, data sheets, applications notes, videos and webinars with excellent customer and technical support available 24/5 in local language.
The Innovation Experts podcast is freely available from major podcast providers including Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
The sixth podcast episode featuring Fluke, as well as the entire first series of The Innovation Experts, is available now on Farnell’s new Technical Resources Hub.