Infor, the industry cloud company, today announced Fanalca (Fábrica Nacional de Carrocerías) in Colombia has selected Infor CloudSuite WMS warehouse management system. The Infor solution implemented in the cloud will help the automotive assembly company achieve its business goals. The solution was sold by Cerca Technology, Infor´s channel partner and strategic partner in the warehouse management sector.
Fanalca, a leading company in the automotive sector, was looking for a software solution to increase efficiency, guarantee quality of services, optimise resources, process information in real time, improve decision-making, reduce process times, and improve customer satisfaction.
“Infor WMS was selected jointly with Cerca Technology, a leading IT implementation organisation. Infor WMS will be implemented to improve operations in our distribution centre where Honda spare parts are handled in Colombia. This initiative is part of the “Link Program,” which has the goals to improve user experience and increase service quality for our customers,” states German Guzman, Honda operations director at Fanalca.
- “Link” is the name of the digital transformation program Fanalca has set up, with several aspects including analytics, distribution centre management, inventory control, demand planning, and customer relationship management (CRM).
- Main challenges: detailed tracking of all movements in the distribution centre, less decision-making by operative staff, centralised management of all resources and activities in the distribution centre, guarantee access to accurate data to make decisions and centralise operations.
- Fanalca has a customer network that demands services and spare parts, and 30,000 units are delivered daily (spare parts, batteries, and oil products) through its logistic services.
- Project will be implemented in the distribution centre at Yumbo, Cauca Valley, and will be integrated with the existing vertical warehouse management solution.
- Two key reasons for selecting Infor CloudSuite WMS were to have a robust solution that grows jointly with the operation, and because of the deep know-how of the implementation team.
“Fanalca is leading a very important digital transformation process, and we are proud to be part of this project by implementing Infor WMS to manage processes in the spare parts distribution centre. With this implementation, Fanalca will have an enhanced logistics development level and will be able to capitalise all commercial opportunities that impact service,” states Paola Quiroga, Cerca Technology sales manager.
“Logistics in modern distribution centres are complex operations that go far beyond simple storage and transportation. This means automated workflows and accurate tracking of individual activities on any given account are vital. This drives immediate return on investment as well as positioning companies such as Fanalca for growth,” states Adriana Gutierrez, Infor Latam channel director.