Two of the UK’s leading manufacturers of test and measurement equipment have combined their training activities to offer customers a complete solution overview from sensors to data acquisition and analysis: “Accelerometers through to Data Capture and Analysis…The Complete Solution”.
The course will take place in Leicester on 8 June.
DJB will kick start the days training covering all aspects relating to accelerometers. Lunch and refreshments will be served with Prosig then completing the day covering data capture and analysis.
• Principles of operation – Piezoelectric effect, materials used
• Accelerometer types and correct selection – Construction, charge output, IEPE,
temperature effects, mass loading, sensitivity, common problems, pros and cons.
• Importance of correct cable use – low noise or non-low noise, what happens if you get
it wrong, signal loss, tribo-electric noise, cable fixing, connectors,
• Mounting methods and which to use – stud, wax, adhesive, magnets, tape, which
and why, isolation, ground loops
• Associated instrumentation – Charge amplifiers, IEPE voltage conditioning, data
What are the four fundamental questions of vibration, measurement and analysis?
• Sampling Analogue Signals – How fast should we sample? What is frequency? How do we quantify
if the data has been sampled adequately? What is aliasing?
• Time Domain Analysis – Signal classification, statistical description, moments & standardised
• Frequency Domain Analysis – What’s Fourier got to do with it? And Buzz Lightyear?
Frequency aliasing and digital filtering.
• Angle Domain Analysis – Signal averaging, cyclic signals, DFT/FFT of angle/revolution data.
Cost: £100 including lunch, refreshments and full course notes.
Click here to book your place or to ask about on site training options