DJB Instruments UK Ltd announces the first 2 dates for their technical training course ‘Accelerometer’s the truth and more’. Aimed at existing users, engineers, new users, specifiers and product designers, the course aims to make clear many of the facts about accelerometers that lead to poor use and bad data through presentations and practical demonstrations.
In detail the course will focus on the following topics:
- Principles of operation – Piezoelectric effect, materials used
- Accelerometer types and correct selection – Construction, charge ouput, IEPE, temperature effects, mass loading, sensitivity, common problems, pros and cons.
- Importance of correct cable use – low noise or non low noise, what happens if you get it wrong, signal loss, tribo-electric noise, cable fixing, connectors,
- Mounting methods and which to use – stud, wax, adhesive, magnets, tape, which and why, isolation, ground loops
- Associated instrumentation – Charge amplifiers, IEPE voltage conditioning, data acquisition.
The first 2 dates have been set as 5 March 2014 and 26 March 2014, to be held at the company’s manufacturing facility in Mildenhall, Suffolk. The course will begin at 10am and finish at about 2.30pm. Lunch will be included along with full course notes and a tour of the factory to see first hand how accelerometers are manufactured.
The cost for the course is £75 per delegate.
For more details and to book your place on the course please contact our sales team on +44 (0) 1638 712 288 or email email@example.com