Rotronic has announced the introduction of a new series of Intrinsically Safe sensors and measurement transmitters, suitable for installation in areas where there is a risk of explosion due to the presence of dust or gas in the environment. Designed for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, grain and sugar, petrochemical, and oil and gas industries.
Conforming to the latest international standards, the HygroFlex5-EX measurement transmitter is galvanically isolated, there is no need for an intrinsically safe power supply, dedicated ‘clean’ earth or a Zener barrier. The stainless steel probe selected for the application from the range available is rapidly interchangeable, no calibration adjustment required.
Significant advantages of the Rotronic ATEX humidity & temperature sensors:
- Interchangeable stainless steel probes certified for operation in Zone 0/20
- Standard & cable mount probes, screw-in probe for applications at pressure
- HygroFlex5-EX measurement transmitter certified for Zone 1/21
- No intrinsically safe power supply required; galvanically separated
- Wall and duct versions of the measurement transmitter available
- 2-wire supply, 2-analogue outputs (inc. dew point, g/kg & moisture values)
- Robust aluminium transmitter housing; IP66 protection
- LC display option with trend indicators. Keypad for configuration
- Service interface (USB) for configuration using HW4 (outside explosion zone)
- Range of calibration accessories available (for use outside the explosion zone)